Adding a pole to the Bell tent door
Another mod we’ve done to our 10 Man Army Arctic Bell Tent is a pole for the main door. On our last few trips we have noticed that the main door doesn’t close properly, and looks like it should sit higher off the ground. All we can assume is that either there should be a pole for the door that we don’t have, or we are pitching the tent incorrectly. As we are of course utterly infallible we have added the pole.
The pole we used was from a friends gazebo, so I have no idea what it’s made from but I think it’s galvanised steel. The sections did not quite fit the door so I cut one of the bottom sections to length and moved the plastic footing.
To hold the top of the pole to the tent I used an old tent-peg to make a hook that fitted perfectly through an existing loop in the webbing running from the top of the tent to the door.
We used this for a week on our last holiday, and it held up
fine (except a few occasions when I kicked it over) without causing any damage to the tent.
- Adding edge poles to a bell tent
- PhotoIRmote CableMod for Olympus RM-UC1
- EGR Delete on a Chrysler PT Cruiser CRD
- PT Cruiser CRD error code P01A4
- Air lock in home made EWP system
- No more butterflies
- Add a bleed point to your car radiator
- Build your own electric water cooling pump system
- More Butterflies!